Join Renaissance Covington in celebrating a critical milestone for us and our city: This past May, Renaissance Covington was honored with the 2017 Great American Main Street Award by Main Street America, making downtown Covington one of three communities in the country to receive this outstanding honor!
Renaissance Covington has played a key role in spearheading efforts that integrate small business with creative public space projects to encourage civic engagement and Main Street revitalization. Since 2014, more than 40 new businesses have opened in formerly vacant storefronts, and many vacant upper floors have transitioned into urban lofts. We have been leading the cultural shift in downtown Covington by promoting community pride, facilitating incentives and pop-up retail programs, hosting a variety of large and small public events, and much more.
This award recognizes all of the people and organizations that have come together to make our Main Street pop!
To commemorate this special milestone, Renaissance Covington will be holding its first-ever direct fundraiser. The <3OURCOV ticketed brunch will take place on November 4th from 11am to 1pm at Madison Theater. The brunch will be sourced from the Covington Farmers Market and include presentations, auctions, and entertainment. Tickets cost $50 for one or $300 for a table of (8) and can be purchased above. All funds raised will help us to continue our mission to “socially and economically activate downtown Covington.”
The celebration will continue that day with programs that are free and open to the public:
1:00-5:00 Celebration at 801 Madison including an awards ceremony, music, food, drinks, retail, and auctioning the the Look Here! public history signs
1:00-5:00 Open house of various newly renovated for-lease and for-sale properties along W. 8th St. and the 800 block of Madison Ave.
1:30 PM Mural unveiling by Phil Rowland at 17 W 8th St.
This Covington Is Our Covington Fundraiser Brunch & Celebration!
Join us as we celebrate our #COVLOVE!
Renaissance Covington was awarded the 2017 Great American Main Award by Main Street America for our efforts in the community…well, we think this award belongs to every one of us who works so hard to make Covington a vibrant place to work, live and play! So, let’s get to the party!
11:00am – 1:00pm: FUNDRAISING BRUNCH: MADISON THEATER
Join us for a local, fresh brunch prepared by our friend and neighbor, Baron Shirley of Inspirado Gallery.
– Full cash bar, but we’ll be offering complimentary mimosas and bloody marys!
– There will be a live and silent auction of local items that celebrate Covington
-We’ll have presentations from state and national Main Street advocates
– We’ll also be sharing the LIVE performance of our original Covington song by local musician Kyle Knapp
– Proceeds from this brunch go directly to Renaissance Covington’s efforts; don’t miss it!
– This is a TICKETED EVENT: Purchase your tickets here:http://www.rcov.org/gamsa/
1:00pm – 5:00pm: MURAL & CELEBRATION: 801 MADISON AVE
Join us for a mural unveiling and open house celebration of Renaissance Covington!
1:30pm – MURAL UNVEILING: 17 W 8th St at Davon Auto
– We’ll be unveiling a BRAND NEW MURAL by local artist Phil Rowland, join us as we welcome this new piece of public art to Covington
The Open House Celebration at 801 Madison continues with….
– Interactive art exhibit on the exterior of 801 Madison
– Take home a piece of Covington history! “Look Here!” signs will be on exhibit and available for silent auction. Auction closes at 4:30pm.
-Tours of various properties for lease, for sale, or under-development
– Covington-centric products for sale
– Join us for a piece of celebratory cake, a cup of coffee or a Braxton beer and see how far Renaissance has come, see you there, neighbor!
– The Open House Celebration is FREE!